Mission- Our mission is to practice New Testament Christianity, in all aspects of our fellowship, so that the Capital City Church of Christ emulates the church you can read about in the New Testament.
- Unity – Just before He died, Jesus prayed for His disciples to be unified (John 17:20-23). Paul reminded the brethren at Corinth of the critical nature of the Lord’s plea. Now I plead with you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that you all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment. (1 Corinthians 1: 10) This fellowship can be achieved when we walk in the light with each other. (1 John 1:7)
- Work - Jesus said “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” (Matt 28:19-20) We believe that statement summarizes our work.
- Worship - God has always placed a significant emphasis on worship. Jesus, in the New Testament, reiterated God’s will concerning worship when He said, “But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth.” (John 4:23-24) This passage is the guiding principle in our worship assembly, and we do our best to worship in a way that not only conforms to the pattern found in God’s word (truth), but also is carried out with the proper attitude and reverence (spirit).
- Christ’s Church - The “church” is not a building. It’s the people who make up God’s family. And the church was purchased with the blood of Christ. (Acts 20:28) “Christ…loved the church and gave Himself for her, that He might sanctify and cleanse her with the washing of water by the word, that He might present her to Himself a glorious church, not having spot or wrinkle or any such thing, but that she should be holy and without blemish. (Ephesians 5:25-26) Christ invites you to be a part of this blood-bought institution, the church.
- Membership – Christ’s invitation is simple. And it doesn’t involve a vote or a selection process created by human beings. The invitation is from heaven. Peter introduced this invitation as the church was being formed in Acts 2. The people responded in faith, repented of their sins and were baptized for the remission of sins. The result…”the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.” (Acts 2:37-47).
Television Program – We invite you to watch our weekly television program, “Let the Bible Speak.” It airs on Sunday mornings at 7:30 on Channel 13 (KRCG-TV).